Monday, October 25, 2010

#23 Do 100 Push Ups

DONE.

Just kidding (duh). So, to achieve this I am embarking on the Hundred Push Ups Program, which I read about in a magazine or something recently. I decided tonight, after returning from the gym, was a great time to start. The program begins with an initial test, where you perform as many push ups as you can in one go in "good form". I don't really know how great my push up form is, but I ended up being able to only do 11. Actually, maybe 13, I did two before I figured out my floor was too slippery for doing pushups on, grabbed a tshirt and started over. But, potaaaato, potahto, either way I am a level 2, which means that I follow the third column in this chart for 3 days this week:



Uh, that looks kind of hard and scary. At least if it's too hard, I can always chicken out and follow the second column instead, which looks a little less intimidating.. and ultimately leads me to the same goal, right? Haha, I shouldn't be talking myself out of this already. I'll keep you updated as to how my first week goes. Apparently I'm only six weeks away from being able to do 100 push ups. We'll see, because right this second my arms are kind of wobbly from 11.

2 comments:

  1. um. i cannot even do one pushup with correct form. not even one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I walk 5 miles, and each half-mile, do 10. Eventually, you find yourself doing 12 ... then 15! You are already skinny, so you don't have to the walking. Why do you want to look like a man, though? How about learning to dance instead? That's what Mila Kunis did.

    ReplyDelete