Monday, November 15, 2010

#34 Make a Kick Bum Pie for the Pie Party

Anyone who knows me knows that I like chocolate chip cookies more than most things, so when, during my two week long hunt for pie recipes in anticipation for my friend Stephanie from work's pie party turned up a real live, no kidding CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE PIE RECIPE, I was sold on sight. Look at this decadent monstrosity (gain 10lbs just doing so):



I would have been crazy to not pluck this gem from amongst the field of miscellaneous fruit (gag) and fruit combination (gag gag) pies. I mean I will eat your fruit pies, I just don't want to make one. Fruit pies just aren't, well, they are not tasty by nature. You have to put some real chef-grease toward a fruit pie to make it tasty - but chocolate chip cookie pie - that's un-mess-upable, right? Steph proof pie. Also, I already had most of the ingredients. Fate.

This pie was not only incredibly easy to make, but also outrageously delicious (as were all the pies at the party - mango, peach, pepper quiche, apple and coconut creme alike). I promise you will not be disappointed if you make this pie. I know you want to. Here's how!

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE PIE
(from Bakerella)

Step 1: Thaw frozen pie crust (because you're using frozen pie crust. you're making chocolate chip cookie pie, you obviously don't care about The Rules of Dessert. stop worrying about the haters and thaw that frozen pie crust). FYI when you purchase frozen pie crust, it comes in an aluminum pan. It says "remove crust from packaging". They (apparently) don't mean the aluminium pan. If you remove it from the pan, when it thaws, it will crack. Trust me.

Step 2: Beat two eggs (until foamy) in a bowl (with the electric mixer you once again had to borrow from your friend's roommate, because you don't own an electric mixer). Then beat in: 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Then beat in 1 1/2 sticks of butter (gross, I know, just do it).



Step 3: Stir in 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup of chopped pecans. Spoon dough into (thawed) pie crust. Bake at 325 for about an hour.



Step 4: After cooling serve warm and with vanilla ice cream.



I know. Your thighs hate me, but your mouth loves it. Ignore the confliction and dive in. I think I'm going to make this again for Thanksgiving. Cause this pie definitely kicked bum! Check!

No comments:

Post a Comment