Tuesday, November 30, 2010

#37 Make Myself A Budget

Well, budget-making was severely depressing. Surprise, surprise. I had been waiting to receive all my payment due notices from the lenders of my student loans to finally calculate a figure of how much I owe, just in student loans, each month. Drum roll. $916.56. Is. This. Real. Life.

I hate to talk about money (I like to pretend it doesn't really matter, mostly), but let me put this into perspective for you: I make like $1400-$1500 a month, during a good month, where I get extra hours at school and babysit. My rent is $750 a month. My utilities are like $90 / month. If i had to give up my gym ($10/month) or netflix ($8/month) memberships, I think I'd die. Not to mention the money I spend on food, clothes, booze and my other various bad habits.

If you're not in the negative numbers yet, you suck at math.

Guys, I am like PERMANENTLY BROKE right now. I am like want to vomit thinking about it broke. I am like really freakin' broke at this juncture in my life. I am making car payments on a car I've only put 200 miles on and haven't been able to drive for almost a month (still in the shop post-rear end accident) and loan payments on a degree I'm not using AND CAN'T EVEN HANG UP IN MY HOUSE, BECAUSE IT'S LOST IN NORTHEASTERN LIMBO (add to the list: locate my Master's degree) (so I can cuddle it in bed at night, while I cry myself to sleep).

GUYS I AM SO BROKE. I am eating ramen for dinner and drinking strictly tap water broke. Ugh.



Spare me your "at least you have your heath"s while I wallow. Seriously.

Adding to the list: get a second job. Or a real one. Or a sugar daddy.

3 comments:

  1. too true, too true. you know i am in the same boat as you, steph. little different in the numbers, but not by much. it is pretty sad. i started frantically looking through care.com for odd jobs. im thinking of getting 3 jobs.
    i did defer my loans until january, but had to pay a sweet $150... its an option. boo, now im depressed.

    ReplyDelete